View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellokart68 View Post
I'm trying to upgrade/redo the suspension on my kart,And was wondering if i could use the shock & spring from a streetbike,A suzuki gsxr 600 to be exact.My plan was to put both streetbike shocks (I already have 2)on the back,& then take the shocks that were on the back and put them up front.Has anyone tried this?
Unless it is a bigger buggy, I doubt the Gixxer shock will even compress with 2 of them on the back, unless you were to back out the spring preload, but then you might get a lot of bouncing and damage the internals. It's a delicate issue with suspension either way, and you will always have to compromise something for something else, unless you want to spend a G-note on a set of custom made fox shocks I am finding this out quickly while looking to upgrade my spiderbox.

I see you have a manco in your previous posts. How long are the Gixxers' compared to the stock ones? You may have to relocate/reinforce the mounting tabs before installation. You might be better off trying it, and see how it rides, then adjust the tabs from there, remember, the more upright the shock is, the softer it will be, but the softer it is, the more likely it will bottom out.

Last edited by Masteryota; 01-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.