View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Contributor

No you dont replace it with a bigger head. You have the head ported. If your real nice to Kliff he might be able to handle that for a very fair price. More air/fuel in is more power.

The first thing I would do is decide what I wanted. You want more low end? Or you want more top speed? Or do you wanna break out the check book and get them both?

Now you need a game plan. No buying crap just to buy it. If long term you plan on a ported head or a stroker crank, then dont do much of anything till you can afford them first. Same with a cam or BB kit. If you throw a 42T sprocket on and get good low end, then you add a lowend cam or head, you may have wasted money on the sprocket. If you set up the cvt for a stock engine so it has more pep, then do some mods, all could be for naught.

I'm an all in kinda dude. It's big or it's trash. So I would start with a ported head, torque cam, and an exhaust even if just bore out the flange and weld on bigger header and muffler. UNI filter and a rejet. I would do it this way cause thats where it's headed anyways for me and this set up will spin 24in mudlites with stock gearing on a crossfire 180r. It will also out run a bms300 and onlt loose to a kinroad300 buy 6in in 300ft drags.
Let alone talking a 250. In a 250 this set up has won 2yrs running in the drags

If you dont plan to throw 600-1000 into it, then take the head off the table all together as well as the cam(unless yu have a cn) In favour of a larger bottom sprocket, 17g sliders, blue main spring, uni and a rejet. If you do have a cn then it wont have a sprocket. In this case I would pony up for the torque cam with everything else minus the sprocket

In this case I would buy