View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Power User

Got to working on my control arms. Don't have a tubing bender, so they're sectional, Don't have a band saw, chop saw, hole saw jig etc. so coming up with some fixtures took a little head scratching and the better part of yesterday to get a procution procedure working smoothly. (disc/belt sander and table saw, air compressor/tools) I used the tape around the tube method to get 90 degree increments scribed down the length of the tubes so the mitres on either end are on the same plane. The block holds the tube, and lets me scribe the mitre, used a cut-off tool to chop it, then I use the block again and its mitred face to run the tube against the disc sander. Wish i had a welding table lol. made sure a remnant of countertop was flat in all direction, then jigged it all up and spot welded it. came out good and square, finished welding it up and it's presently cooling in the oven --wife is over a friend's while i stink up the kitchen ... still have to fish mouth the ends and add the axle tube. 3 to go ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plane612.jpg (84.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg plane613.jpg (93.3 KB, 126 views)