View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Power User

LOL yes, and I tell you what, that 84 corolla hatch --next year it was the chevy nova ))))))))))))))) was still running strong with 250k miles on it, had beefier struts and brakes on it than std. corolla ---auctioned it off and in the winters i still regret not having it. I'd put hakkepelita snows on it and with the diesel, it'd pull through anything. In the late 80s it was the course sweep car for the SCCA pro rally series races that ran at tiadaghton and wellsboro I'd follow the tail of the racers making sure there were no unknown "offs".

back on topic- ---dang train wrecks ))) gonna send some pics of the crank and bearing support area to Martyn Motors to see what they think.

BTW. we did some digging with a backhoe smack dab in then middle of my favorite corner of my track, just semi-fixed that. First run with good traction since the intake and exhaust tweaks, it's definitely faster--i'd say 3-5 mph more up top. Even rolled it in the woods. Up on 2 in a downhill off camber I normally just tail slide around on the gas, steering out of it and the tire in the air clipped a 3-inch stump and flipped me into a log/brush pile. the thought of me with a 27hp kawa in this little thing scares me a hell of a lot more than flat out in a blinding dust trail with the diesel on dirt at STPR!

Last edited by x-bird; 11-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.