View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4chevy View Post
Travis,

Been looking over your site for some time. Will be supporting you on you site for parts. You have one of the nicest sites.

After looking at your topic on your build, boy you are quite a craftsman. Incredible welding and mill work.

On the reverse gearbox, are you needing to do any mods to it or fab work to get it to hold that much horsies?

What are you using on that engine for the transmission?
Thanks Chevy!

The plan right now for the gearbox is to leave it unmodified internally, ride on it, and see what changes need to made along the way. The Ninja 250R engine has a manual 6-speed transmission built in.

I plan to use a jackshaft and chains setup between the engine and gearbox, same as beef described. I have female splined couplers that mate to the reverse shaft.

Quote:
Not sure yet if I will move this route or back down to big bore gy6 with 2-3mm stroker.
If you decide to go big bore / stroker, let me know. Most advice I see online is from guys that have built and blown a couple without much success making them reliable. Trial and error gets expensive after a few attempts, so there is a big gap in between what's common knowledge right now versus what is actually possible with the parts.

I've gotten the 62mm bore x 60.8mm stroke with 10.35:1 compression very reliable on the generic GY6A case without any expensive Taida parts. Just better building and machining techniques developed over a lot of failed attempts. My oldest engine with this setup was built in 2012 and still running flawlessly with zero issues, and starts up on the first touch of the key, faster than a new 150. The one caveat that I haven't been able to resolve is the trade off of a reduced safe redline (keep it under 9000rpm). What you give up on the top, you more than make up in gobs of low-end torque.

The black buggy in my ad at the top of the site shows the difference in torque over stock. Helpful to get up and over steep terrain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0042 (2).jpg (97.6 KB, 22 views)