View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Contributor

I am using the Blaster shocks on the rear of my HH and it vastly improves the ride. However, depending on the rear suspension style, you have to be very careful of the shock length. If they are too long, it will cause you major grief as I found out. The blaster shocks were longer then the HH's, but I forget the difference. I had driven many desert miles with no problems, but on the last trip, I ended up with a hole in the gas tank. The style of suspension to be careful with is the style in my picture. As you add longer shocks, the top link (black arrow) rotates. The bottom of the link will move in the direction of the blue arrow. If it has moved enough, and then you catch air in the rear, The link will rotate past the center point. This will cause the engine to flip up, and the cylinder head crashes into the bottom of the fuel tank, and in my case put a hole through it. I was able to fix the tank, but now I need to rig up some type of limiting strap to keep it from happening again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twister-hammerhead-rear suspension.jpg (82.1 KB, 25 views)

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.