View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Victory and defeat all in 1 night.

My Victory was my reaching 40 MPH finally with this thing. (40.2 MPH to be exact according to my Garmin hand held GPS) With a 300' speed of 32.7 MPH

And now for my defeat.

Installed the KNM performance pulley from J man and only got a 39.4 MPH top sped run.

Noticed the kart was "creeping" at idle now. (that's odd)

Getting some weird clunking and jumping coming from the back end at take off under hard acceleration tests. (not too sure what's going on here as it's dark and I can't see a thing)

Tore it back down to find I stripped the clutch nut (big flat one) that holds the big spring in. So the clutch was pressed against the bell and not allowing the belt to disengage fully. Causing it creep at idle.

I was also having issues of getting the gearbox out of reverse. Hopefully the stripped out nut was the cause of that too.

I have no idea when the nut popped off the threads, So I'm hoping it was during my WOT run and is the cause of the lost top speed.

But, ending on a good note though....

My 300' test after my top speed run was a success with the performance pulley installed though. 33.6 MPH (that's almost 1 MPH faster than my best run with the stock pulley)

And who knows if the stripped nut was an issue?

I'll have to install the new nut and retry the top speed and 300' tests again. We'll see what this pulley does.

On a side note, I'm really curious to see what the A11 cam would do in this set up now. I REALLY liked it with m 58.5mm kit. And now with the 31T rear sprocket, Tom's American made valve springs and stock CDI, I'm not too afraid of over revving it now.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........