View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 PM

Unfortunately I cannot find the "head exploding" smiley face after all of that reading...

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately it's too much for me to comprehend.

What a bummer......

It's a nice day (45* with sunshine) the GF is out of town and I have nothing to do.

Let's go tinker on the kart, right?

Dug out my A11 cam for testing purposes and discover that the exh lobe is excessively worn. Probably got wiped out when the valve kissed the piston.

Figured what the Hell, I'll take the A10 with me instead. Even though I REALLY want the A11 back in there.

Get to the shop and warm up the kart. Take my GPS and finally measure out my 300' track. ( I always called it 300' but was just a guess) It actually measured out to be 263'. Not a half bad guess, and that means my actual speeds should be slightly higher in a REAL 300' test.

As I measure out the track I see 1 lonely ole car in the parking lot. Wouldn't you know it, they are parked in the worst spot possible. Right at the end of my run, and slightly towards the center. So as you come around the corner you're swinging wide and BAM, there's this SUV.

Figured I need to get a 300' run done with the KNM pulley on there for my comparison VS stock. (last time I tried it the large. flat nut was off of the clutch and I got a real hero speed) So I had to try it again.

Kart takes off really good (something is actually slipping in the back end under hard accel. Not sure if it's the drive chain slipping, clutch slipping, or clutch bell slipping)

She winds up pretty good, and then you can just feel the CVT kick in and shift. I never really felt the transition with the stock pulley before. This is a night and day difference. Prob shifted too soon for my liking. Might be because the 14g sliders? Or the stock contra spring? I may have to try the yellow spring like everyone else is running.

Get down to the end and I back off a bit earlier than normal because I see this car. Sure as Hell, I'm drawn right towards it. Thank god I didn't have brake failure because that could have been really bad. Ended up with a 32+ MPH that would have been slightly higher had I not backed off early.

So knowing any test runs were pointless with this car here, I didn't even bother installing the other cam. Pretty much a waste of time and gas. Man was I bummed......
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........