View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 07:36 AM

Got to say I am quite impressed with this kart.

Was out last night with a friend. He was in the Yerf and Ii was in the Honda oddy 350.

Dead stop drag race to the 300' line (actually 265') was almost dead even. It came down to whoever got the jump took the flag.

Don't get me wrong, the oddy was pulling WAAYYY harder in the mid range and started to really wake up when I had to start braking, but it really surprised me that I didn't crush the Yerf. Got to give Kudos to the Yerf with it's 180cc engine holding it's own against a 350cc in a drag race.

Didn't change the Yerf set up, still using the A12 cam and stock CVT with 14g sliders. Still think the driven pulley is opening a tad too soon, I wan to try a stiffer spring and see what happens if I hold the RPM a bit higher before up-shifting.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........