View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Heavy Contributor

I got Jegs 70250 highback. 2. It's a better seat. The seat belt holes on top help keep seat belt off your neck. Greatly helps for smaller person. Bought a padded seat cover for it. With the 2, pretty good improvement. I still need to add padding to it. We still use old pillows or cushionsomething, for better ride. The lower back of seat dips in, so pillow helps greatly until can add padding.
Be careful, on the width of seat. Not much room. This seat I bought, is absolutely widest it can be. If put 2 seats in, the seats would be touching each other. And up against the frame.
Installing, I tried to make a bracket, to match the bolt pattern. (Could not find seat with matching bolt pattern)
The bracket wasn't work like I thought. So best way, was to cut the seat mount, and move it. Only had to do one. Had to drill a few new holes. Was a pain. But in long run worth it. And still able to use the stock slide adjustment for the seat. Hint, more likely no matter what you get, you going to need to adjust the mounting bracket. One or both. A 4 1/2 cutting wheel able to get most of it. But a Dremel cutting wheel came in very handy.
Your limited on what kind of seat due to the width. Unless you going to adjust the frame outwards. Can't say for sure if there is a different seat that has same bolt pattern, they come close, but in the end was better to cut the mounting bracket, and move it.