View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 PM

@x-bird- I saw metals' build thread, but unfortunately hes not around to ask why.....

@ckau- This is the reason I was asking the why, the inner sleeve on mine is roughly .010" longer than the bushings, which would clamp the sleeve against the front and rear tabs, and still allow for the bushings to move freely on the sleeve. As I see it, I really saw no reason to allow grease to get to the bolt, as it would be sealed on the ends anyway, the grease would, however, be needed between the sleeve and the brass bushings.

Nevertheless, I won't be putting any zerks in for now, I tried today and failed miserably 2 times on the same arm, resulting in thrown tools, 3 destroyed zerk fittings, and 2 holes drilled into the control arm tube. The smallest fittings are too long, and hit the steel sleeve, when I tried to machine one down to fit, the guts sprang out, not to mention, the recommended drill size was too big for the fitting to tighten down in, dropped 1 size drill bit and started again, only to have it too small for the threads to start. I just packed the tubes with gobs of heavy bearing grease and made sure the bushings were nice and smooth, maybe I'll try later, but I'm growing tired of front end work....

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'