View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 PM

The dual piston calipers exert force over a bigger area, although the pressure may be less, especially if set up incorrectly, or haphazardly. The increased surface area, including the pads, resulting in greater heat transfer and less brake fade, and better stopping power. The one thing you would need to be concerned about, is the fluid volume from the master cylinder. Plus, with the bike calipers, you would have more and better options as far as pads, including organic and ceramic pads. I know there is a difference in pads, I replaced the stock ones on the SV1K with EBC double-H, and wow what a difference, almost endo'd myself off the first time I hit the lever.

I really have no answer for the spiral question, I'm sure it would be easier to swap it and see, but since X downed the buggy, it would be some time before that is possible.

Metalstudman1 wrote some time ago, that he switched out the calipers on his yerfs with motorcycle calipers, and reported no issues, and I think better braking response, but that was some time ago, and did not mention doing anything with the master.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 07-28-2013 at 09:10 PM.