View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Power User

i'd have to double-check the manual, but i'm pretty sure full lock-up engagement should occur around 32-3500. I may be getting 500-1000+ rpm of slippage past that (depends on the gear and speed) and try to remember to fully lift during the shift and before i drop the handle back. they give the front brake/clutch test procedure in the manual, but i never bothered trying it given its condition. Figured it'd be a good way to kill it once and for all, plus i'd have to tree or wall it since i don't have front brake. One race season ahead is all I hopefully going to ask of it. Trying to figure out what it's doing without anyone else watching has been just about impossible, especially with how fast it runs through the gears.

FWIW, the flip side ...
All of the cold weather run vids i've put up have been on very slick top surface conditions. the grass is 3-5 inches long, frost line right now is only about 6 inches deep. warm days it peels the top inch off real easy, colder days it's hard with slick matted down grass. both = slippy slippy. The bear claws are just about impossible to bust loose in a straight line on anything, but have a definite tendency to slide easily in the corners on their long "cross" lugs (which is what i like about them) some of what sounds like it could be clutch slippage may in fact be tire spin/rev increases if it's in the corners. I've been looking at the amount of debris thrown in the turns and the actual tread/track patterns to get a better idea of what's going on. When i have opposite lock going sideways and am to the floor with it, i know there' gotta be some tire spin back there or it'd hook and kick back. Bet my new neighbors have some thoughts as to just what the ___ the idiot over yonder is doing! )))

Last edited by x-bird; 01-22-2014 at 11:16 PM.