View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Power User

Spent the past month getting ready for round 2. 2 laps, longer course and a lot more rock coming my way this weekend.

CKAU's comments a long time back about my steering rack drop link and adding a stabilizer got the brain ticking along those lines, as did the hit it took during the race. The length of my steering arms (about 7 inches) makes them susceptible to bending, so I came up with a set of what I call damper rods to replace the tie rods. so far they've worked very well.

Fixed and beefed up the arms.

Greg (GMANLV) sent me out several sets of 18-inch shocks After a bit of mix n match, a pair of arctic cat (Fox/ACT) had the most action. Found that interesting, as they had the shortest body. I'd initially not even bothered to look at them too much vs the other goodies he sent until he mentioned it. Revalved/rebuilt and installed those along with springs from either a banshee or blaster and the front end picked up another inch of clearance and nearly 3 inches of upward travel. Also lost about 5 pounds total.

And of course, while messing around testing out the 5.50 gearing and front end changes. I made a bit of a mess out of a chain Fixed that and decided that it will sit all this week until race time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDFl...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damper.jpg (91.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fini.jpg (98.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg arms.jpg (94.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg FD.jpg (92.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg FR.jpg (89.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg rest.jpg (95.6 KB, 11 views)