View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

Kid just curious, what brand of belt are you using. I have the Gates, Bando, and one other and none are dirrectional for either GY6 or CN/CF 250. rustandweathered37, several things will cause this problem. Flat spots on rollers, belt slippage which can be caused by weak torque spring and as stated flat rollers or slidders installed incorrectly,clutch halves binding, or clutch wobble due to worn or broken needle bearings in clutch, or bad final drive shaft. Also pulleys not linned up, and a blocked air inlet in cvt cover. Last you could have if purchased from same person have gotten hold of some bad belts. I had this happen with some Gates belts about 5 years ago. Seems the factory making the belts had packaged them and sold at a discount to some distributors and e-bay sellers even though Gates had rejected them due to quality controll measures. The best thing you can do is check each component especially the clutch, didassemble it completely and inspect the bearings as well as the clutch halves for binding. Clean the old grease from the halves and regrease but don't over do it so that it doesn't ooze pzst the seals and get on your clutch. If belts are shreadding chances are there may be some strands of belting between the clutch halves which sometimes cannot be seen until halves are disassembled. I have run into this with my own as well as customers. When you have checked everything and have it reassembled with the cvt cover off, tires removed and buggy on stands run the buggy and observe the operation of the cvt looking for anything abnormal. When accelorated variator should rise to the top and clutch to the bottom and when decellorated belt should return to top on clutch and bottom on variator. During this process the belt tension should remain consistent and belt should remain in strait line between pully's.

Hope this helps in you finding the problem, please keep us informed og your progress.

TOM