View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
The two lines running to the pump only one should have fuel in it. If you have fuel on the vacume side the pump is bad. As stated earlier as the piston travels downward it pulls a vacume thru the one line which pulls the diaphram to the open position allowing fuel to flow from the fuel tank down to the carburetor fuel inlet, than as the piston starts in its upward stroke the vacume drops off. When vacume drops off the diaphram spring pushes the diaphram closed whis gives a slight push to the fuel before closing off the fuel flow from the tank.Than as the piston starts its downward travel the whole process repeats. If your getting fuel thru both lines than not only are you getting fuel to the carb , you will be injecting fuel right into the intake which will cause your problem, Pumps go for about 15.00 I have them in stock. TOM
Tom I checked the site but do not see the part and other sites have the one that looks like mine but says for 50cc and the ones for 150cc and 250cc don't have the two valves only one ?????
Bore*stroke : 2.3*2.3 inches
Tires,front/rear : 19*7-8/22*11-10