View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

By matching the angle of the tie-rod/steering arm tab on the spindle there's NO binding or any need for tall stand-off's. Also realized that with the heim mounted under the tab instead of on top it can't ever come in contact with anything. The stiffer steering with the heims went away by doing these little corrections and now it steers easier than before with ball joints. Also notice I made additional shock mounts for-12",13" & 14" shocks (upper bracket to get a double hole mount too) the SC shocks are getting weaker and weaker every time I take it out so now I can shop for a few different length shocks. I couldn't be happier with the rubber encased sleeved bushings I used at the bulkhead(zero maintenance)- The A-arm actually moves on the rubber and not on the bolts. When I take the shocks off the A-arms stay put and can move thru all it's travel with just the rubber rotating(like having mini shocks) they spring back to where they were tightened down and the sleeve never rotates. I also made multiple holes on the tabs for the steering arms just for a variety of adjustments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spindles 8.jpg (36.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg spindles 9.jpg (33.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg spindles 10.jpg (41.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg spindles 11.jpg (34.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg spindles 12.jpg (33.2 KB, 51 views)