View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Contributor

Default Look what followed me home

I couldn’t help myself, I found it on CL buried in a yard sale add. The engine smokes, it had two flat tires (I patched) Heavy Duty spindles, but the ball joints and tie rod ends are shot. However, it only cost $100.

So this will be my base for my Franken Buggy. Since I have a Joyner 650 SS frame in the back, my initial plan is to graft the front suspension from it on the Yerf. However since it has the heavy duty spindles, I am also wondering what the stock suspension is capable of? I am also looking at doing an IRS setup in the back. The Joyner has a dual A arm setup and I am looking at grafting it on as well. Right now my main goal is to build it with the best suspension that I can and power being secondary. The beefed up engine in my HH seems to do pretty well, but its suspension is lacking. But first, I have a list of honey dos that to complete before I can get started. So as a parting question, How well can a beefed up Yerf front end be made to work? Can I get good action or do you think the Joyner front end would be better.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.