View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 03:34 PM

I can say I have over 12" of top to bottom articulation available from the BD balljoints I have installed, add in the tie rods, it cuts it down to around 10" without using high misalignment spacers on the heims. I may pull the heims I have and go bigger so I can get the high misalignment ones I really want, but I'm on a ever shrinking budget right now.

I payed very very close attention to the bushings and bulkhead interference when I assembled the front, and made sure to clear away any thing hindering the control arm movement(took about 3 hours of grinding with dremel), but they have zero resistance up or down, and then the balljoints actually max out, and there is my 12" of available travel. I am always looking for shocks for the front, and guestimating the curb weight in the front to find something to match, I was told snowmobile shocks are good candidates, as their center of gravity is closer to our buggies than ATVs, and tend to be on the softer side, plus most manufacturers opt for good brand name shocks, and most can be rebuilt or change the spring rates to really dial in how they ride.

I bought a set of blaster front shocks to put on the rear, and they measure ~13.5" eye to eye, I am told they hold up well to the weight in the rear, but will require wider shock mounts, or to cut the eyelet tubes down to match the yerf shock mounts. I will likely just make some new mounts with a few holes to help dial it in and thinking of using a clevis pin/hitch pin to be able to change the settings on the fly without tools. I may also do the same to the front after the first drive.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 06-08-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: forgot how to spell