View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Lite Contributor

Default 04 Dazon Single seater with 77 Yamaha DT400 Motor and Reverse

Hi everyone, I got an 04 Dazon Raider single seater from a friend a while ago with a blown up GY6 motor. It's been sitting in his yard for about 5 years and has been slightly canabilized. No master cylinder, no switches, 4 flats and a lot of dust and spider webs. Another friend gave me a 77 Yamaha DT400 that had also been sitting for 5 years collecting dust and spiders. What better way to start a project than with a couple free junkers, a yard full of parts and material and too much time on my hands. The only thing I don't have is money to spend on fancy parts and do-dads. So I took the motor out of the DT400 and disassembled it and found a burnt piston and siezed rings. With no money I thought I was done, then another friend took me to a guys house that has his own motorcycle junk yard at his house where I got a piston that's 3rd OS (motor was already 2nd OS) but no rings. I went ahead and got the buggy ready for the new motor. I wanted to keep the reverse so I got my imagination into high gear and the result is a Frankenbuggy from DEEP left field of HELL. Gotta get ready to go somewhere now but will post details and pix real soon. I think you all will love what I have created and thanks to some friends the only thing I had to spend any money on was a new set of rings at $28.00 shipped and had to borrow the money from my girlfriend.