View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Lite Contributor

Update: Did a little gearing change to slow it down a bit. It was 14t on the motor to a 13t on the jackshaft then a 16t on the jackshaft to a 35t on the axle. Now it's 14t - 16t - 16t - 35t and what a difference. Now when I get into 5th I can wind it all the way out without it bogging down and the clutch doesn't even try to slip. It tops out at 65mph and it gets to that so quick it's like being in a mini dragster. I don't take my hand off the shifter til I'm in 5th gear. Now that that is taken care of, I can work on the front suspension. I think I'm gonna stretch the front 10" and put the blaster a-arms and knuckles on it. I'll have to see if the Dazon hubs will fit on the blaster spindles so I can keep it hydraulic disc instead of the cable activated drums. I will also have to switch sides and flip the knuckles to make it front steer and relocate the rack and lengthen and relocate the steering column. I'll have to modify the knuckles to mount the calipers. I hope this goes smooth without a bunch of bracket and mounting point redoes. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.