View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

The GY6 doesn't require near the fiddling that a horizontal does!!! most of the failures with the GY6 is simple- turn the gas off and run the carb out of fuel when it's going to be parked for more than 2 months. Also the CVT is far superior to the Comet system and it's enclosed- The biggest advantage is "WHEEL SPEED"(rpm's). The GY6 only has 2 mounting points- 1 over the center top of the engine (near the carb) and the other is at the rear that allows for chain adjustment, it hangs in the frame. The rear sprocket will allow for the chain to go forward,down and rearward directions, so if it's long on the swingarm it can get back to the axle. I've seen many ad's for these in the $330. range with every thing but the sprocket ($20.), so you'd need an axle sprocket,sprocket carrier,#520/530 chain,exhaust and an ignition switch. You can't get me to use a horizontal lawnmower style engine anymore on a kart or buggy because of the endless maintenance that engine brings!!! For me it's a "no brainer".