View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Power User

I had several sites plug pics and reading info (including doing cutaways) bookmarked, and use probably one of the same ones you're talking about. my computer is on life support at the moment, (really, you should see what i have cobbled together on my desk superfrankenjunkrig!) user profiles dump every time i shut down --- lost my bookmarks and email and am not resetting all that til i get the new computer and plug in the old drives to salvage my pics, vids etc.

Anyway, plug pic. I think it's going to get richer with the pump and regulator in place with no other changes. i may also be sucking air at the carb's fuel input, my hose is a little loose even though it's clamped.
What i've been doing until i get the above finished is working without a fuel feed baseline.

Pilot may be too large right now by a size or two. I've matched the TM jets to what Chad at Sudco had told me was the rough equal of the VM carb/jets i was running.

As with the VM, the one area that seems to be the hardest part to get right is the idle setting. the old standard of 1.5 turns out then work to the highest rpm with 1/2 turn doesn't work for me. It keeps wanting turned way in, which should point to the pilot being too small. However, initial throttle (idle to 1/4) response has always been great. That's my head scratcher. This may need a different slide cutaway.

Once i get into the larger main sizes, even when it shows lean, it pulls through all the rev range strong until i hit the upper gears. With yesterday's setup, upper gears were still pulling--the snow just prevent any real running in those. when i did get into 3rd-5th, chain judder was hitting (they're all too loose--you see it in the vid when i'm by my spruce trees) and the engine wasn't dying down.

Hardest part is the lack of TM info. I have the VM supertuning manual, but nothing was ever put out for the flatslides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0527.jpg (76.3 KB, 8 views)