View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Lurker

After the buggy ran last, I removed the rack above the motor in order to check each of the electrical connections individually. And while browsing older posts from former 300xrx owners, tried to learn of the issues they'd experienced. I disconnected each of the multi-wire plastic connectors and applied a small amount of dielectric grease to them, and re-crimped all of its bullet-connectors.
I cut off the glass fuse casing and soldered-in a micro-fuse holder in its place. Not being able to read any numbers I referred to the manual to find the fuse amperage, which it clearly stated to be 10 Amp. I purchased a pack of 10 Amp micro fuses and put one in the new fuse holder installed on the buggy.
I buttoned everything back up again, turned the key and still had no response. This went-on for the next several days, causing me a lot of frustration. While reviewing the electrical diagram, I couldn't make out the amperage written above the fuse, and decided to take a closer look at the original glass fuse. Sure-enough, with a magnifying glass I was able to read a one-five/250V. I replaced the 10 Amp fuse directed by the manual with a 15 Amp fuse, turned the key, and the speedo-light immediately illuminated.
I also took the time to replace the coolant, with a quality glycol-based product. Once it actually fires up I hope to resolve any air-lock issue that may exist (thanks Sycarms). Although the starter engaged when I tried to fire it-up, I quit trying after a dozen or-so attempts. 100 degrees ambient temp, and didn't want to cook the starter...