Thread: 39t sprocket
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
I know you asked T3, but I've kept pretty good records of my performance gains after each modification to my Yerfdog 3206.

Stock Spiderbox configuration: 13/40 internal gears, 13T engine sprocket, 31T axle sprocket, and 743 20 30 Gates belt.

All measurements were taken with a Garmin Etrex handheld GPS, on concrete, with a set distance (approx 300'), on the same "track".

22.3 MPH as is from previous owner (stock tires, slightly deflated, stiff front suspension)

23.1 MPH New 24mm carb $26, performance coil $15, performance CDI $20, (both orange from Ebay) no air filter and 125 main jet FREE

23.7 MPH opened muffler opening (1/2" stock VS. 3/4") FREE

24.9 MPH home ported head and port match intake manifold FREE

26.3 MPH MAX SPEED (first run on street)

25.2 MPH 10g Dr. Pulley sliders $25 with cleaned/lubed CVT, and deglaze clutch and bell FREE

29.8 MPH MAX SPEED

26.8 MPH New tires and bearings (22" rear) $300, FMF slip on exhaust $30, UNI air filter $20, with 6" extension $4

33.2 MPH MAX SPEED

27.2 MPH 8" extension for air filter (cut from same piece as 6")

33.0 MPH MAX SPEED

28.0 MPH NCY CDI (orange with aluminum housing) $35

33.0 MPH

All readings were taken with all upgrades added to one another. Only the air filter extension was substituted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Great info
I'm curious--How much did you spend to get 10 more MPH?
Oh boy..... I hope the GF doesn't see this thread!!!

Please understand that the first posted speed was in rough shape, and NOT max speed. So technically, I didn't gain 10 MPH. I never did a MAX speed baseline run "as is".

Total $475 plus some shipping costs as well

But, as you can see, it's greatly improved the performance, the ride, and the fun factor. So it was well worth it.

However, I am not done yet. I am looking to gain more top speed still.

What I have left to test though:

Dr. Pulley variator

12g sliders

I would also like to try the Kidnme performance clutch pulley, bigger belt, and Dr. P variator and see what that gets me.

This is all done with the stock 150cc engine.

I've got other plans once testing is over.