Thread: 39t sprocket
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Heavy Contributor

yeah, going with the 12g sliders should keep me on par with my 10g rollers on the low end, but give me a little more speed up top (not that I need it on the trails).

but in a way changing the weights does change your gearing... If you have really light weights, like 8g ones the belt probably wont get close to the top of the variator, limiting your gearing. Now if you stick some 15g ones in the belt will ride up much higher on the variator increasing your gearing. But, you also have to factor in the Contra spring too, if you have the light weights in and 2000rpm contra springs you'll be rollin slow but with good power because of the "belt gearing" on the CVT, because the weights are so light they can't push the spring fully apart pulling the belt down on the clutch side. Run those same light weights with a 1000rpm contra spring and you'll get more speed and faster shift... Basically it all gets factored in, so in an essence it does change the gearing.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 03-08-2012 at 01:48 AM.