View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

This how I managed to get a barrel end throttle cable and a ball end throttle cable to come together since the stock cable wasn't long enough. Cheap to make (1" aluminum round stock) but it took a couple of hours to machine & tap the ends,but still quicker than shopping for one. The Polaris motor has a dual cable for the carb & the oil pump, I'm using a stock 4-wheeler throttle cable so if one needs to be ordered I can get one easily without having to do any custom work to replace them.I'm currently working on getting the shifter/shift cable, oil tank & gas tank mounted so I can hopefully see if it go on it's own power for a test drive-see if it was worth the work & go faster than 20 mph I then have to figure out where to mount a battery & hook up all the electrical system.Still have lots of modifications/repairs to the kart to get it reliable.

First pic's show the how they hook together-2nd pic shows the little cover plate to make sure the cables stay put.I made a plastic sleeve that just slides over the whole piece to keep it water-proof & I'll throw a little grease in it for good measure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (9).jpg (50.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (6).jpg (72.1 KB, 6 views)