Thread: Manco XTK-707c
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
if you decide to revise the front clip, quad transplant is the way to go. much more cost effective, you get front brakes essentially ready to go, easier replacement parts access. Here's an LTZ 400 front going on my latest project.split it, widened it to match the a-arm inner pivots to yerfdog steering rack pivots and on it went with some tubing chopping and refitting. easiest front end i've yet done. As far as shocks go, any decent gas/oil shock that fits will be an improvement. it's the spring rate that's more important to get a good match. that aspect can be worked around/tuned somewhat by changing the angle/position of the shock to increase/decrease the motion ratio (think leverage) and make something a little too stiff or soft work better. I always preach to find a rebuildable shock like a fox so that you can go in and fine tune the shims, change the oil and make repairs if needed. front shocks from sleds are a good source, blaster shocks also seem to be a good match, based on spring rate.
Thanks for the info, that looks sweet.