Thread: Manco XTK-707c
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Lurker

Has everyone shut up shop for Christmas already?

Did a few hours of head scratching and measuring today. Keeping the atv frame intact is not going to work as the wheels would be right under the main frame bar that wraps around the front of the buggy, and I don't want to cut that section out.

Really need to get this sorted as I hit a downed tree and have bent back the passenger side A arm real bad!

The atv frame is angled up towards the front so that the A arms are moving up and backwards. Do I need to keep an angle similar to this or can I have them "parallel"?

I'm thinking a rack and pinion will make the buggy easier for my daughter to steer. Should I buy that now and then set the width of the A arms to match? Or is that something I can work around?

My idea for cutting and widening the front clip was to measure all the dimensions width wise down the front clip.

Then chose my width and see what the difference is and then make sure that same distance is at all the points I have measured down the clip. ie: add 6" to each measured point and the factory spacing of the clip will be the same but obv widened 6".

So what do you think?