View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

I got 2 of the 3 motor mounts completed-there was actually a lot of fabrication involved with this front mount for it to be strong and clear of all the items to fit later.Better to take your time and try to think about everything assembled & access to these items when creating the mounts-Motor is supported on it's own now.(doesn't mean I won't have to pull the engine later) The first pic's show a notch I created so I can remove the front mount bolt without any special tools. The next pic is the original engine mounts I demo-ed to be re-used on the engine front supports. There are radiator tubes that run down the frame behind the seats so I flattened my round tube engine mount for their clearances. Next pic is the finished portion of the frame @ the front of the engine with the lowering of the bottom tube for exhaust clearances. I doubt these mod's changed the original design any.The pic of the level shows that the engine sprocket is plumb. Next pic is an overhead shot for you to see how it fits in the engine compartment. The last pic is of the original engine support that I'll modify to complete my 3rd motor mount tomorrow-it amazingly lets the air-cleaners fit thru the opening in the middle.It will have to be moved forward so the mounting studs need to move also.So far no waste or the need to buy anything Everything appears to be fitting well with no conflicts-time will tell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (2).jpg (38.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (2).jpg (32.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (2).jpg (48.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (2).jpg (44.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 006 (2).jpg (29.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 007 (2).jpg (55.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (50.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (33.8 KB, 6 views)