View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Power User

Here's how it looks with it set up to reduce the inclination. You can see the different angles pretty well. I drilled to 3/4, not 1 inch since i didn't have enough bearings to make a set for the bolts--that can come later. There's a stamped out gusset in the center of the black piece preventing the front plate from going all the way up. I"ll either notch that and trim the rear plate to get this angle--but it reduces travel upwards. Or, i'll cut the gusset like I planned, set it all at 90 deg. and keep the original inclination.

I'm also thinking i may do this as a bolt on rig, that way, when i do go to a double-arm I can take it apart easily and move it if need be. Once I go that route, i'd weld it in place.

At the center of the new plate bracket, I'm going to run a connector --either plate steel or 2-inch round pipe tubing from front to back to stiffen it all up and may gusset the rear plate on the outside edges back to the frame. (those gussets would kill the bolt on idea)

Suggestions very welcome!

As for heims, Not sure on size yet, since i haven't gotten to that "end" it'd need bungs for them too. With single arms i don't need them.

For some strange reason, i don't want to cut up any of the original framework/mounts ...must be the ponchophile in me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg susp1.jpg (23.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg susp2.jpg (24.0 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 11-15-2011 at 07:48 AM.