View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Power User

Rolling right along, finished up my control arms last night before getting hit with a nasty wave of nausea and puking my guts up all night. Food or too much welding/grinding dust for the past week??? Anyway, have both arms mounted and am getting ready to locate the shock mounts. Looking to get them inboard as much as possible to maximize arm travel at the wheel end. Trying to limit adding too much heavy metal up front, the box was 5 pounds finished and the arms will likely end up heavier than stock. The weight is cheap, much needed front end downforce (just robs the hp to weight ratio) that i don't mind as long as it's not out at the wheel end. I've added a 3-inch or so long end plate between the tubes on each. It's welded to the inside center to solidify the joint welds of the tubing curve. I left it unwelded at the center so i can cut out a notch later for a heim bung if i decide to add uppers. The spindle brackets will be gusseted back to the plate. I still may add a cross tube closer inboard for the shock mount, I'm not a fan of mounting it to a single arm as the factory did, my stock ones were definitely racked and slightly bent in a curve around the shock mount from that install method.