View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Power User

unsprung weight, the arms, brackets, spindles, hubs, rims and tires are going to be adding at least 5-10 pounds over stock per side. only have a rough guesstimate, but i do plan on weighing everything. The mounting box added another 5 over stock, all told, i'm hanging around 25 extra up on the nose with only the 2 3/4 welded frame tubes holding it on to the main frame. Add in that i've shoved the front end out by about 3 inches and my "box" only has welded contact for the rear 2/3rds of it = yikes ... front track looks to be around 53-in. measured at the outside of the tires.

OK, i'll throw the dog's bone to the dogs
I call this my homage to made in the USA products and reusing before recycling ....

Got thinking about what you were saying about re-jetting after opening up the intake pipe, but my plug was black and sooty, as is the exhaust pipe. Seems rich if anything, jet is a 166. So i decided to actually pay attention to the Tec and found my air filter was pretty dirty and what they call an air intake is just slightly restrictive. Once i have the front end finished ...and steering, and gas/brake pedal relocation .... I'll be able to run it and see if it wants more gas.

Meantime, here's the end result of my "no play with power tools in the garage weekend" The original quality of this thing compared to today's standards was just amazing, four colors, anodizing, tight tolerances ... likely from the 70s-early 80s. Now i have to figure out a filter for it ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rec1.jpg (24.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg rec2.jpg (32.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg rec3.jpg (20.6 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 12-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.