View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Power User

Yeah, my miller 135 is happy with a full spool of wire. when it's near the end, the wire speed is all over the place and i end up with a lot of dogpile welds. It got to the point a few weeks ago that the wire feed was jamming every 1/4 inch of bead. Haven't had a jam with the new spool. The gun and liner are almost 15 years old ....a replacement has been on my wishlist for about 10 years now.

RE. the arms, once i know the 12 degree angle is correct, it'll get braced. until then, i don't want to cut a brace only to find i need to change the angle and remake the brace along with it. It's just tacked on. I've made it so that when i can afford heims i can make another set of arms (i have the tubing and bearings for them already) remove the bracket and reverse it to become the spindle.

Today's mission has been building new pedals to locate on the new brace plates. The new location makes it so that with the seat all the way back, i can just reach them (the wife has longer legs than I--so this will fit us both) I also came up with a 4-point system for my lil one. 2 bolts hold a bar with the stock pedals mounted on tube stubs and 2 nuts attach the threaded rod extensions off the brake and gas rods. Should take all of 2 minutes to install or remove. Hubs should be here next week, once I get those, I can nail down the steering and call it done.

Oh, and here's one that drove me nuts .... front shock mount bar is a little off and my arms don't hang equal--but how little i have it off doesn't add up to the distance the arms are off of each other ... trying to figure out where i went wrong and discovered last night that one of the center bars connected to the front hoop is welded in about 3/8 inch crooked. The horizontal hoop is in the correct position, I think the front bar that curves from bottom to top rolled inward in the jig a bit and the builder welded it in that way then added the top bar. Every time i stare at the front, it looks racked, now i know why. I may cut it apart and correct it with some heat and persuasion.