View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Heavy Contributor

[QUOTE=x-bird;18487], one big positive is the unequal front and rear track. I take the "dive-in" tight approach to corners, a remnant of 20+ years of DH mountain biking. With the old equal track, I was snagging rocks, trees and stumps with the rear tires to the point i was worrying that i'd bend the rear axle QUOTE]

With a wider rear wheel base you get "push" Where you turn the wheel and the front doesn't responed. Just Pushes forwards! A wider front track helps this condition.
With these buggys you have to Square off the turns and use the Drifter aproach to a real tight turn. To take a hard right turn, Snap the wheel to the left momentarily to shift the weight inside , snap the wheel back right into the turn while braking if needed and then instantly back hard on the gas. This will cause the rear to lighten for a moment, This technique causes the shocks to compress on the inside then by timing the right turn move and braking on the rebound there's a moment of negitive pressure on the rear as the weight transfers from one side to the other. This breaks the rear loose, it swings out and points you around the turn. Use Counter steering and throttle to control the amount of swing . With practice on timing you can spin a buggy around 180 degrees without loosing momentum just by tapping the pedals and flicking the wheel.