View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Power User

Well, added the new steering rod posts on the steering arms and shortened the rods to dial out some of the toe-in under compression issue. It is definitely improved, not ideal, but i'm going to live with it for now. Getting the steering dialed hasn't bothered me as much as getting the engine running decently. I think i'm going to pull the covers and check the valve lash and air gap. 'm also wondering if the chamber just isn't heavily carbon caked.

While it's not an ideal method, i have used it in the past, but never on a small engine like this. Would doing a "steam clean" just blow this little thing up? I'm talking about spraying a fine water mist into the carb while running. or even some carb cleaner??

I have to add my front fenders back, the new tires like slinging pretty large chunks of slop!

There's a small no suspension yerf about an hour from me for $150. closed out on e-bay with no sale, thinking of offering $125 and getting it for my daughter and turning the 03 into a single seater ...man i flip flop more than a certain ex-president ....

Last edited by x-bird; 12-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.