Thread: Hatchet Job
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Power User

in the home stretch, blew some color on it a couple weeks back. been putting the big little "model" back together and dealing with the "find/make" the right hardware bits n pieces.

Am finishing the wiring for lights, have to sew a couple straps to the seat cover to keep the 5-point belts from falling away when popping the latch and she's good to go then.

Couple of minor issues drove me nuts. Front end geometry kept looking all out of whack. finally spotted that i have a pair of 21.5 and a 22.5 inch tall tires up front.

Other item is the ignition switch. It appears to be original to the harness, but has no ground position. all contacts are 12v +, nothing's shorted or mis-wired. Buggy will only shut off with the kill switch. That has had me going in circles last couple days. finally decided that's the way it's going to stay. cdi is not rpm limited, so i dont' know if this had a remote kill wired into it or what the deal with this setup is.

Have the correct regulator/rectifier in place, pulling 4.5 volts with the buggy running and the positive wire off the battery, so charging circuit appears good to go.

Despite the case being cast with 125cm/2 on it, I'm fairly certain this was a 110cc and not a 125. that fits in with the wiring harness layout and the little regulator that i sacrificed to Lucas.

The "real" pictures will be coming soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint.jpg (88.6 KB, 13 views)