View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 02:03 AM
Lite Contributor

Thank you. Please remember this is a test build that has and is going through alot of configuration and option changes. This is the setup that has proven to be bulletproof for thje past couple weeks. I started with a 10hp B&S motor and 6 speed Yamaha Blaster transmission w/o reverse (B&S motor grenaded after 2 weeks). Then an 8hp B&S motor and blaster trans. Motor grenaded after 3 blocks (motor was already worn out and smoking badly). Then I tried the GY6 150cc with major mod's and blaster trans (final drive section cut off and CVT removed). Not enough power to haul my 200 lbs. around and be any fun to drive. Next motor was a Yamaha Virago 250cc V-Twin with reverse unit and output shaft off of GY6 motor as jackshaft (burnt the clutch out in 3 days). Finally I got serious and put the 1977 Yamaha DT400 air-cooled 2-stroke Enduro motor in with same reverse setup. After a few issues with the reverse/jackshaft mounting brackets not being strong enough, this is what works. Sorry guys, I can't get pix to upload. Will post pix as soon as I figure out how.