View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Lite Contributor

Not yet but have just about had it. If I had not replaced so much stuff I would have junked it.

I replaced the stator, regulator and dc cdi. I also got the primer so decided to take off the new carb and put the original carb back on. It fits much better because it is smaller than the new one was and less tubes.

Now I have real good spark. I also changed out the the rocker arm set and re-timed it.

On the flywheel it has a t and just above it has an f . I have it set at the t and the cam gear lined up. Set intake at 003 and exhaust at 004. Now it will not start or even sound like it is catching at all. I know this has a chain tensioner for the cam. I wonder if that needs to be adjusted. Saw a video that said it self adjusts??

Just wish I could take the engine out of it to work on. It is a bugger to get to everything.

When you crank it , you can tell by the sound if it is getting to much fuel or air. When you pull the throatle just a bit, the sound changes and it will not turn over well.

The wires on the regulater are different colors than original but bought it from BMI and it was the one listed for the cuv so am sure it is the right one.

I got the dc cdi and it is a bit smaller than the original but bigger than the ac cdi that came with the new coil. The cdi has 4wires and 2wires.

I think now it must be timing issue and can not figure where to go from here. I did not change out the cam because I did not want to disturb the chain so may try that today.