View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

Looks like that electric box I put in, comes in handy. Got a quick connect for winch. Was trying to figure out how and where going to make bracket. Would need to weld a plate, and drill a 3/4 inches hole in it. Which didn't have drill bit close to size I needed. Going to mount next to box, then hit me, the box already had good size hole in it, with rubber gourmets all around it. Checked out size, and perfect!!!! Saved half day work.
So now which is truly a plug and play. Plug in one connection. Slide in hitch, pulled out, or put in the pin. Done.
Keep finding small stuff to do. Think avoiding pulling starter off the FL 350.
Had a big tool box, wife got for me used years ago.
Check out how much room had on front of trailer. Yep, perfect fit.
Took some angle iron, welded to front for the base. Was going to just bolt it to 4 supports coming up off the 2 basses. Then noticed, the box had over hang. And the supports I had fit perfectly going in about 2 inches or more. So now can just lift the box up over supports, to place or take off. Cup holders come in handy.
Got lock for it. And still will make holes to bolt it to the trailer. Make it so when bolted in, can't take off without opening the box, to get back up on nuts. So if it's locked, can't be moved. Box is big enough to put my welder in. Grinder, drills, Dremel. Gringer disk, full tool box and of coure spare parts, and cup holders. Thinking of insulating a small section, and make cooler as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170510_094433.jpg (89.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20170507_153830.jpg (97.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20170507_153817.jpg (99.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20170510_094410.jpg (99.2 KB, 16 views)