View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:20 AM
Heavy Contributor

Did get jets in. Before taking out. See if could get idea on Jack stands. Put in 210. Was slightly better.
Jumped up to the largest, 240 see if I could get to much. Plug check showed still ok. But the max speed and rpm I got, went down. (This is still on Jack stands)
Put in 220, and was best results, as far as top speed and rpm.
Took it out with the 220.
Big improvement.
However,,,, it run strange. It would either jump up, or go down in power as getting up speed. Think felt like it was jarring forward.
Could that be filter? It's new since this year. But guess that could be void. Its a larger filter also.
Only thing I can think of. Or got a air leak somewhere? But just going through it, can't think where it would be.

Changed fuel filter. Thought that would fix it. But didn't. However, more I drove it, the Jarring feels like more in CVT or rear end somewhere. Just felt to abrupt to be a power loss or gain. But might be wrong on that. So will open up case and see if something can be seen.

Another thought. The rubber piece between the carb and intake, is to large, they sent me wrong size, but if tighten down, (think) it's sealed off. But does make a bulge between the 2. Wondering if that could be messing with the mixture.
Going to change it, to a matching set intake and rubber spacer, the correct size, see if that corrects something. Just everything seen, I shouldn't need that large of jets.

Live in central KS, and think elevation is around 1150
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb2.jpg (91.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tkeagle; 08-16-2017 at 07:31 AM.