View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Power User

The unevens cause the tire camber to change during suspension movement. (the wheels angle inwards at the top of the tire when the suspension compresses. for your described riding, i don't think it's as much of an issue as it is for others riding on rougher terrain. The uneven setup is still much better than the 3203s single arm kingpin setup.

Golf cart rims are 4x4, 8 inch diameter. A lot of china mini ATV (50-90cc) use 8-in dia. tires, so there is a good cheap used supply. I got a pair for $20.

Finding 4x4 hubs is kind of hit or miss, mostly trailer hubs at Tractor Supply etc. i bought used golf cart hubs, which need a 1 in or 1-1/8 diameter spindle--it's a big boy--but you will never have to worry about bending/breaking it unless your welds fail. I got mine with the spindles included for $40/pair used. They're pretty much universal through the cart brands.

If you go that route and can't find any locally (scrap yard, golf courses etc) buggiesgonewild.com is where the golf cart modders hang out and they have a good parts for sale area. I have rims with or without tires available. Tires are 18s, i have a thread in the parts for sale with prices etc.