View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Power User

Well, i think I'm sold on the GY6. I looked around for pricing etc. for new, then e-bay and CL for used. New left me feelign like it was still a gamble with chinese mass production. Just spoke with a guy who has a GY6 out of an '05 Carter, complete with wiring, switches, carb, battery, exhaust, needs the solenoid replaced, but he has a new one coming along with a trans cover gasket and the new parts go with the deal. It has an 8-pole stator, which he indicated will handle the lighting i have. If not, an 11 pole should do the trick for that. He also has what amounts to a spiderbox rear end setup mostly new parts not installed. Picking the whole thing up for $550. A little over my budget, but I had an axle and rear frame upgrade planned in the works and a heck of a deal to boot. I'm thinking of taking my complete rear platform and engine moving it over to the Mini shark. I'm already widening the front suspension on the mini, this will widen the rear out and it'll be nice and stable and will advance that project way faster than i'd hoped for.