View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Lurker

Default Crossfire 150 with issues

Hi everyone
I just bought a Crossfire 150, and it needs some TLC. When I bought it, the issues I was aware of: Needed a new clutch, electrical lights needed to be redone, no emergency brake cable, no seat harnesses (actually, they looked like they were taken off a backpack). But it did start right up, once moving, it had power (or if it was only my son driving it). But I haven't really taken it out of the garage for any extended rides, just trying to get it all working first. I am not overly mechanical, but I am kinda handy (especially if things are spelled out in laymans terms).

I have now replaced the clutch (took off the exhaust, case, belt - replaced whole clutch, and reinstalled everything). The old one was all blue, and the inside of the case was pretty dirty. I've replaced everything the way it was, the only problem is now the engine won't catch. Still turns over, but won't actually catch and run. Any thoughts on trouble shooting?

The new harnesses have been bought and installed. The emergency brake cable is on order and I don't foresee any issues with install.

The lighting system is not working due to unconnected wires. Thinking of upgrading to a LED system (including brake light). Suggestions?

Finally, while not on the immediate plans, I do want to put in a reverse kit. How difficult is this?

Any other upgrades one would suggest? I'm not at this time looking for speed, as my son is still pretty young.

Right now it's sitting in my garage, with my son bugging me to get it running and up to the cabin ASAP. So any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190515_193718.jpg (97.0 KB, 6 views)