View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM

Not a lot of riding land near here. You gotta drive out for a ways, or know someone with land. I just have fun running around my "track" if you will.

I was so focused on gaining more speed in my acceleration test that I didn't realize what I was missing.

With my new A10 cam, the 2.2mm stroker crank, 14g sliders, and the 36T axle sprocket I was expecting to see more speed gain, unfortunately I didn't gain anything. BUT....

What I just realized was that I didn't LOSE anything. My acceleration is exactly the same as before, but I am now pulling the 14g sliders as opposed to the 12g sliders. What that means is I've added another 12g of weight (total) to my variator with no ill effects on bottom end. I can't wait to see what I get for my top speed run now......

And if I can "tune" out my midrange flat spot, I will only increase my acceleration speeds.

It launches really nice, (kinda pins you to your seat) falls a little flat, and then really starts to take off about midway down the track. So, if I can eliminate that mid range bog and have a smooth acceleration all the way through the RPM range, I should see decent gains of speed at the end of my runs.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........