View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 PM

Hey, thanks for the kind words guys. I've been checking in every now and again.

I was prob doing a little over 20 MPH when I hit the curb and building (brick), Back end washed out and pointed me right at it/them. Hit the curb, rolled up over it, and right into the building. Left a tire mark on the brick. And a good lump on my wrist. (still hurts weeks later)

Yes X-bird, at the tie rod load. I plan on adding another gusset right underneath the one in the middle pic. (That's where she bent, once reinforced there, it shouldn't ever bend/twist ever again.

I'll tell you what, after all of the reinforcements are done, the Yerf can take a beating. I've slid into curbs sideways while drifting, jumped over curbs because the snow was too deep (or bald tires) and just kept going straight after I turned, and even let my 9 year old nephew drive it. He managed to jump the curb so bad, we wound up partially on the sidewalk

That's the one down side of making the kart accelerate faster. You get into big trouble much sooner.

The thing is a blast though. There has not been 1 person that didn't laugh while driving it. I've had 60 year old ladies all the way to 9 year old kids drive it, and every one of them had a ball.....

I'll be back to post some more stuff.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........