View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:06 PM

Parts gathering my friend.

Got my cases bored by Tom. Also bought a good set of American made valve springs from him too.

Got my new Taiwanese made A12 camshaft here

Ordered a set of new oil seals and a couple trans bearings that felt a little gritty. Better to be safe since I'm this far into it. Still waiting on them.

NCY 62mm Nikasil coated cylinder is here.

Ordered up one of those big valved Taida heads. (30mm INT and 26mm EX) Wasn't real happy with the machine work. There was a scratch (could catch a finger nail) that ran through the combustion chamber all the way to the end of the head. And the exhaust port gasket surface was not milled completely. I'd say 80% was milled, while the other 20% was still rough cast. Because of that, there was an EXTREMELY small amount of gasket sealing surface at the bottom of the port. Maybe 1mm (yeah, 1mm) of sealing surface. Can you say guaranteed exhaust leak????

So because of that, I sent the head back to the seller for an exchange. Waiting to hear back from them with my new one. The thing that sucks is, the cases showed up the day I sent the head back.

So I can't start to assemble the engine. Once it's all together,it goes into the buggy pretty quick.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........