View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:17 PM

Tore into the gearbox tonight, didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I just wonder if this a symptom of a bigger issue going on?

When driving, the kart seems to have more vibration than normal.

And upon removal of the gearbox, I found that the chain gets tight, and really loose depending on the tire rotation. I know a tight point is normal for chains, but I'm talking tight, rotate the wheels a bit and I have 1" of slack on the chain, then it gets tight again. 0 - 1" of slack seems very excessive to me.

Here you can see the problem I was talking about. (but never was an issue until after the new rebuild)

And in this pic, you can see how I moved the sprocket to the passenger side to see if the chain was "pulling" it towards the engine. Sprockets are now out of alignment

My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........