View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
Funny story tonight.:

A similar story...
On occasion we use the paved road out front for high speed and jet tuning, etc. I was blasting down the road when I pass a county sheriff going the other way. He does a U-turn, lights up and proceeds to engage in a "high-speed "pursuit chasing me back to the shop. He obviously expected to confront some irresponsible teenage trouble maker as he was clearly surprised,stunned and taken back when I removed my helmet to revel a older aged mature adult.
He chuckled, shook his head, " You know you ain't supposed to be out there doing that, Don't cha?. Every one present had a good laugh and the conversation switched to buggies. The confrontation ended with him asking if he could bring by his kid's Carter so we could get it running. The carter got fixed, the kids are happy, We still use the road, he looks the other way and gives a friendly toot on the horn every time he passes the house.
Yep!... Getting your local law enforcement involved makes for good politics, and a happy ending!
With your belt travel problem... draw some lines on your pulley faces with a felt tip marker, variator and clutch pulleys. this will revel exact path of belt travel. you may find the problem is in the clutch pulley not expanding enough to allow full travel. The shaft, spacers and spring get gummed up and stick. Using that ball bearing cup on the end of the spring reduces bind and allows for smoother transition but needs regular cleaning.