View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 02:24 AM
Lurker

Post 07 250cc SSR , no start after a loud clunk from starter clutch area

Hey buggy brothers, had 3 days of fun /hard riding, 10ft inclines, 1ft speed bumps. Let the whole family enjoy the buggy and get them into offroading ,while I was having a few coldones , n working on my cousins 150f dirtbike. Well after day was over, got home, then drove it off trailer and parked it. Next I decided to clean air filter n carb out , because it was hella saturated with dirt. Well next day reassembled it, ran good for 5 mns....
then heard a loud clunk from starter area... then it died , I tried to restart it n nothing... it would just spin and seemed to spin without resistance for awhile, Then it burped outta carb a few times, pulled plug carbon fouled, whiteish spark, starter solenoid gets very hot, has lots of air pressure from flywheel inspection hole why cranking...
but also thing is last weekend I turned off buggy to help my friend who crashed and after my buggy cranked very slow like battery died but its a fully charged 18amp battery which usually spins the hella outta that starter with ease, so towed it, jumped it with a truck, it fired up right up, rode it rest of day like this. Got home same thing, looked at starter and one mounting tab has cracked, n I tried the solenoid jump n nothing, so I ordered n installed new starter. Was able to start buggy with my upgraded 18amp battery full charged but you can tell the battery was still be pushed to the limit but it would fire up and jave plenty of power up top and torque, rode this weekend for the 3 days like so...

Hopefully its something simple like my solenoid or coil or cdi
If not ima have to open it up and order that rebuild kit. Get it running for the rest of summer and pull it out and do a raptor swap.

Well if theres anything I missed, please chime .
Thanks for atleast reading this even if you don't reply, I know it long.
2007 ssr 250cc buggy, green stickered , Ipt wheels , 23inch maxxis tires, rear adapter spacers, 4gal aluminum spun fuel tank, torque cam, dr pulley 23g sliders, red clutch springs, red main spring, fox front shocks, 4 led spot lights, modify radiator location, fan on mod, 8inch red puller fan, fire coil , cb radio/ pa system, custom exhaust, uniairfilter , 34 mm jetted carb 140main jet, custom intake manifold, royal purple oil & reverse box fluid, reinforced frame, and more...

Last edited by mrpostman831; 07-06-2015 at 02:27 AM.